Child custody has historically been one of the most contested issues in most divorce proceedings. Most people in a divorce love their children and care what happens to them as a result of the divorce proceedings. If you are facing a custody battle in the Dade County area, you could hire a general practitioner who handles all types of law, or you could hire a family law specialist in child custody matters, or time-sharing as it is now known.
Since 1993, I have been a Board Certified Marital and Family Law Specialist. I focus my legal practice as an attorney exclusively on family law matters, and this is what I have been doing for over 30 years.
I am a Board Certified Marital and Family Law Specialist. When you work with me, you have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that an expert is handling your family law matters.
My law firm can handle all matters related to custody/time-sharing disputes in a divorce:
- Parenting plans
- Accommodations for children with special needs
You can hire any attorney for your family law case, but when you hire someone with my qualifications, you get the peace of mind that comes from knowing that an expert is handling your case.Personalized Service With Competitive Prices
I have two children of my own, so I understand how much a parent cares about what happens to their children.
I also understand that attorney's fees are expensive for many people. I offer free initial consultations, sliding scale fees and payment plans. Either call my office or e-mail me to discuss your child custody case.Broward County Visitation / Time-Sharing Attorney
Visitation, now called time-sharing, is an important issue for most parents involved in a divorce. Even if you don't want to see your spouse any more, working out the timesharing is a huge issue and now involves paternity plans.
As a Miami-Dade and Broward County, Florida, attorney with over 34 years of experience, practicing 100 percent family law, I can help with your time-sharing dispute. Since 1993, I have been a Board Certified Marital and Family Law Specialist. My law firm will do everything possible to make sure you get the time-sharing you want.Changes in the Law
Chapter 61 of Florida Statutes has made the following important changes in the law with regard to custody and visitation:
- "Time-sharing" is the new term for "visitation."
- The terms "custody," "primary residential parent" and "secondary residential parent" have been eliminated, leaving more room for creative, diverse time-sharing/visitation solutions that are in the children's best interests.
- Before the divorce trial, usually at the court-ordered pre-trial mediation, a divorcing couple must attempt to work out a parenting plan on their own, detailing the time when the children will be with each parent and providing for the needs of the children.
As a Board Certified Marital and Family Law Specialist with more than 34 years of experience as a family law attorney, I can help you negotiate a parenting plan that is equitable, favorable for you and representative of the best interests of the children.Relevant Experience
I have a long history of safeguarding children and families — both in my life and in my career:
- I have two children of my own, so I understand the importance of quality time with children.
- Over the years, I have been appointed by the courts as guardian ad litem in certain cases, assisting the court with decisions regarding co-parenting and time-sharing.
- I have experience handling issues that come between parents and assisting the indigent, giving me a unique insight into time-sharing and other issues for people of all walks of life.
- I have been a family law attorney for over 34 years, with extensive experience litigating cases involving children with special needs. My experience in complex family law litigation of this kind is a great asset to my clients, as I am comfortable working with the psychological and developmental experts who are involved in cases like this.
If you have any questions, either call my office or e-mail me for a free, limited initial consultation with a lawyer.