The Florida Bar
The Florida Bar - Marital & Family Law
Broward County Bar Association
Dade Legal Aid

Family Law Overview

Family Law Specialist In Broward County, Florida

If you are facing a divorce, the issues are too complex to trust to a general practitioner who works in many different legal practice areas. You need a specialist.

I have been a practicing family law attorney for over 35 years, focusing exclusively on family and divorce matters. In 1993 I was board certified by the Florida Bar as a Specialist in Family and Marital Law. When you hire my Hallandale Beach, Florida, law firm, you get representation from a specialist in family law and divorce matters who has the experience you need during this difficult time.

I am a Board Certified Marital and Family Law Specialist. All my legal focus is on family law, so you can have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that your case is in the hands of an expert.

My Broward County Family Law Practice

I focus 100 percent of my practice on family-related legal issues, including:

  • Divorce: I work to settle all the issues early to avoid trial if possible, but I have the experience to handle your complex divorce trial, as well.
  • Paternity: When a child is born outside of marriage, I help the parties establish paternity, resolve the child support and time-sharing issues and prepare a parenting plan which is now required by the courts.
  • Child support: I can help you get the most equitable arrangement possible, to make sure your children get the support they need, including addressing special needs, medical needs and extra-curricular activities.
  • Child custody: I have the experience to help work out the details regarding the legal and physical custody of the children, which is now known as time-sharing.
  • Visitation/time-sharing: As a Board Certified Family and Marital Law Specialist, I always keep up to date on the changing laws surrounding visitation, which is now called time-sharing.
  • Relocation: When one of the parents wants to move out of state after a divorce, I can help with the issues that are involved in such a move, pursuant to Florida Statutes.
  • Domestic violence: I can help you if you are experiencing issues with violence in the home and require a domestic violence injunction or are defending against an injunction that was improperly entered.
  • Property division: Whether you have a simple estate or many complex property issues, I have the resources to handle all the aspects of property division in your divorce.
  • Spousal support/alimony: I am thoroughly knowledgeable on all of the statutes and rules involving spousal support/alimony.
  • Complex family law litigation: When your divorce involves complex issues — high-net worth property division, special needs children or paternity issues — I have the experience and training to represent you, as well as the resources to hire the necessary forensic accountants and child psychologists we need to retain.
  • Stepparent adoptions: When the child has formed a bond with the new spouse of a divorced party, I can help make that relationship official in the eyes of the court through a stepparent adoption.
  • Mediation: The Florida courts require that you attend mediation prior to trial. I can represent you in this process and make the process less stressful for you.

Either call my office or e-mail me to discuss your case. I offer free consultations and I work on a sliding fee scale when needed.

Client Reviews
"Cindy and her staff were extremely vigilant and effective in resolving my child support case. They promptly returned calls and kept me informed. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a family lawyer." D.A.
"Cindy Sackrin was very knowledgeable and professional with my case. She is a great attorney and she really showed her 30 years experience in my mediation process. I highly recommend hiring her as you always want to use someone who is not only well experienced, but also looking in the best interest of everyone when it comes to family law." A.B.
"Great lawyer and I will continue to use Mrs. Sackrin when in need." C.R.