The vast majority of people facing a divorce care about their families, especially if they have children. If you must face a divorce, it is a much less cumbersome and stressful process when your attorney is not only experienced and skilled but also personally concerned about the well-being of your family.
I have two children of my own; I know the importance of families. I also know the law. With over 33 years of experience as an attorney practicing exclusively in family law, and certification as a Board Certified Family Law Specialist by the Florida Bar, I bring my Dade & Broward County, Florida, clients exceptional representation.Board Certified Family Practice Specialist
I am a Board Certified Marital and Family Law Specialist, an elite certification that only 264 out of a total 88,402 Florida lawyers possess as of April, 2010.
It makes sense that so few Florida attorneys possess this certification; it is a difficult certification to obtain and maintain, and involves:
- Qualifying to sit for a specialized exam, which requires tremendous experience in numerous contested family law trials and peer and judicial recommendations
- Passing the difficult board certification exam
- Re-certification every five years by the Florida Bar
I attend Continuing Legal Education seminars on a regular basis to keep up with the new changes in the law.Completely Focused on Family Law Representation
I don't practice in other areas, only family law. This allows me to keep up to date on the changes in the law for issues like:
- All divorce matters including property division, from the initial court-ordered mediation through the most complex family law litigation
- Support issues, including child support and spousal support/alimony
- Custody issues, which are now known as time-sharing, and now involve the preparation of parenting plans
- Other family law issues like relocation, domestic violence, paternity and stepparent adoptions
I spent many years of my career as an attorney working with Legal Aid, providing legal services for those who could not otherwise afford them. Through this experience I have learned how important it is to provide people with access to legal representation. That is why I try to make my law firm's services available to you even if you can't afford my normal fees.
I offer sliding scale fees and payment plans for those who need them, and I offer free initial consultations on request. Either call my office, conveniently located to serve Miami-Dade and Broward Counties, or send me an e-mail to learn more.